We advise policymakers & state utilities on introducing independent power projects (IPPs) and power purchase agreements (PPAs) to attract private sector investment.
- Project Development.
- Financial modelling & analysis.
- PPA and GSA administration.
- Power procurement.
- Power system modelling for project integration.
Our management team has its origins in the energy restructuring and reform in The UK in the 1990s, the retail and renewables markets and the African power market opening.
- International trade agreements
- Tariff and subsidy regimes.
- Specialist market modelling.
- Disputes and litigation services.
- Improving the efficiency
We support regulators in developing appropriate tariff frameworks & transitioning to cost-reflective tariffs. We also support utilities in tariff calculation & regulatory submissions.
- Economic tariff setting.
- Regulatory Negotiations.
- Regulatory Financial Models.
- Demand forecasting, business projections and financial analysis.
We help policymakers and regulators to develop regulatory frameworks to deliver policy targets for renewable energy and energy efficiency, including best practices for renewable integration.
- Climate change regulation.
- National policies for sustainability.
- Renewable energy and carbon economics and pricing.
- Promotion of sustainable decentralized generation.
We support utilities, generators and other energy asset owners to improve the performance of their businesses within competitive and highly regulated markets & to manage risk.
- Supply systems expansion.
- Optimization of capital.
- Board counselling and support.
- Systems simulations and demand forecasting.
We regularly organise training courses for a wide variety of actors in the sector including regulators, policy-makers and staff at all levels within utility companies
- Experienced Facilitators.
- Engaging Visualisation.
- Theory and practical exercises.
- Reuseable material for trainees to further knowledge transfer.
We provide cutting-edge energy market reports, databases, forecasts, consultancy and analysis for key actors in the sector, regulators, investors and utilities.
- In-depth sustainability reports.
- Provide robust data for our clients.
- Energy transition reporting.
- Our experience in energy consumer analysis.
Our Tariff Analyser financial model has been used for supporting several Distribution Companies in Nigeria.
Our Revenue Maximisation Tool seeks to determine if a distribution company’s revenues can be increased..
We provide an alternative to full-blown SCADA systems for real-time system monitoring and energy management
A structural model for the time series of load on network feeders to estimate the current underlying total demand.
We developed a modelling approach to least cost network expansion that may be more appropriate in many developing or emerging economies.
Our Eligible Customers Analysis Tool can present the impact analysis of the potential exit of Eligible Customers from the network
Our tool has been applied to calculate tariffs for bundled national utilities, regional distribution companies and mini-grids.
Tools for both prospective independent power producers (IPPs) and distribution companies to understand and negotiate the commercial viability of embedded generation.
Our tool support clients in understanding the impacts of tariffs and other changes and explaining the impacts to Lenders and Investors.