Project: Review, Reporting & Consultancy.
EMRC was engaged by the Senate Committee on Power to:
- Investigate all Federal Government interventions in the power sector since the privatization of the sector to date with a view to ascertaining the adequacy of such interventions and their desired impact; and
- Investigate all market participants in the power value chain and ascertain the level of corporate governance compliance in the NESI.
The object is to;
- Understand the roles and status of the performance obligations of each player in the electricity value chain,
- Assess the Federal Government’s Power Sector Recovery Plan (PSRP) and associated infrastructure finance support programmes in place to augment distribution, transmission and rural/off-grid programs.
- Ascertain and understand the structure, purpose, and outcomes of Federal Government intervention funds in NESI
- Establish the level of corporate governance compliance in NESI